Friday, April 23, 2010

My creative space- white paint and bunting


It seems I can't get away from white paint. My creative space the last couple of days has been split between the Lismore Art Gallery where I having been helping to install for the show tonight, The Northern Rivers Portrait Prize, and my dining room table.  My major contibution was painting the Norco Gallery Space and the gallery window space so that they could be nice and spakling for a light and sound artist, Ross Manning. White, white, white. Whilst I am not really exhibiting creativeness, I am supporting it, so I reckon that counts.


My other creative space was bunting making. My latest bunting is made from vintage Little Golden Books, but I have been careful to cut only the pictures from the pages, rather than random text and images. A bit time consuming, but the end result is delightful. The first one was Raggetty Anne. I use two books per  length and mix them up.



The second one was an ABC book. However, I hope that (if anyone does buy it) that they don't rely on it as a tool to teach the ABC's. The 'M' & 'J' were at the bottom of the page and I couldn't make a flag from it. A child could be scared /scarred (??) for life.

Pop over to Kootoyoo for more creativeness. xxNick

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails