Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Busy as a bee

I was busy as bee on the weekend, getting together orders to send off. Have a look at this fabulous Little Golden Book. I think this one is a keeper. It is a 1969 edition and I only cut it up because the last page was ripped. Classic illustrations!


But to segue, I was busy cutting all of my letters for the Pom-Pom Banners (such a thrill when they are all lined up) when I heard an almighty noise.


I thought at first somebody was visiting on a tractor...or a Boeing 747, but on exploration, I discovered that our bees were swarming. It was massive! Squillions and squillions of them! My husband managed to get them into a box, but within an hour, they had escaped and swarmed to a higher, more inaccessible tree.


 This (bad) pic shows them in the early stages. This swarm measured about a metre in length by the time they had settled. They were finally got into a box and moved with great care in the dead of night to their final position. I followed about three metres behind with the torch on tippy toes, trying to remain calm as I heard somewhere that bees can smell your fear.

Next day, they had swarmed again and were gone. No honey for us next year.

3 comments:

  1. WHOOOOA! I am scared and it didn't even happen to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly the same thing happened to our friends who keep bees. Tis a little scarey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh how scary, I have to show this to my boys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails