Thursday, November 4, 2010

My creative space - More garlands

I don't know if I am Arthur or Martha today !My new camera was delivered to the door late last night. Tres thrilling...but...I am so busy, I can't play with it!

I am currently making my Memories of Childhood garlands. The 'rules' for these are that it must contain a classic childhood novel such as Little Women, Tom Browns School Days, with the emphasis on the paper, type and patina of the pages. In short, they must be old.


The other type of paper is open. I use old Little Golden Books, and any other old book that has interesting illustrations in it. I am leaning towards the kind of ink line drawings which contain a  block of one colour.


The red garland is from a 1927 children's annual. Lovely thick cream paper and large text to contrast with the smaller text of the novels. This short story features Witch Wanky. Hmm, what did wanky mean in 1927?


Join the others over at Kotooyoo

1 comment:

  1. I love these garlands! So clever and really affective. I bet they look fab strung up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails