Sunday, June 19, 2011

Auction day and a Glass Necklace

I cleaned out my studio yesterday, sorting through the piles, and I mean piles baby, of stuff I had hauled home from a deceased estate auction, about a month ago. (Yes I am tardy, in fact I am still posting about the Tassie holiday, and we came back six weeks ago!) Moving on.
The lady who had died was a real crafter. She tried anything and everything. The trouble is she didn't seem to finish alot of things. There are about twenty knitting projects ranging from just started to just needing to be pieced together. There are half finished toilet dolls, tea cosies, embroideries, tapestries, clothing, macrame, and crotchet what-nots. With all of this there were jars of supplies. Pins, beads, buttons, curtain rings, zippers, and broken necklaces. Except, on tipping out one of the jars of white Czech beads I found this little beauty, a complete necklace.
These have been a favourite of mine since I can remember. I don't think that my mother ever had any czech glass, but I can remember glamourous women wearing them. I used to be fixated by their brooches and earrings and red lipstick.


from here

Here are some examples I found from the net. Ofcourse, Etsy had the nicest ones. They aren't expensive, but as I don't wear jewellery it is a moot point. But, I can give it to my little girlie, because, let's face it, if I didn't give it to her, she would steal it from me. 


from here

from here

I was going to go further and show some pics of an Aussie auction, and heaps more 'stuff', but I think that is enough for tonight. Big yawn. Time for beddy-byes. I am playing with Sophie at Her Library Adventures and Apron Thrift Girl.

5 comments:

  1. That necklace is just so beautiful. Can I admitt to being a tad jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good night, sleep tight. don't let the beadies bite... ☻
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. in reply, lady? i thought you'd been in bed by now... still. i can't straight reply to your e-mail, for i haven't got your address, so i'm rambling on a-here (do hope you have resided in the meantime, and this is stuff for the morning, you know!)
    no instamatic stuff on my fingers, i have an old, but then old mobile. i scanned the little leafs to the booklet i took apart for the scanshots. there. easy secret, no? ;)))
    n♥
    nighty-night.
    oh, and the view? in my dreams!! it's l's house, yeah she lives rurally. i dó look over a few rooftops, and the railway and trees, glorious trees that block a few things out, in summertime. i would call this living here average. which suits me fine. the craze is in da head... ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really pretty. For once I'm glad they don't really go in for estate sales here - someone would be writing about all my unfinished projects as well as my ridiculous stash of teacup candles!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails