Friday, July 15, 2011

Is it Woody?

New banners are in my Etsy store. Daddies is a classic! I don't think that Woody Allen was around in 1953 when Tibor Gergely was illustrating this book, but his doppleganger looks as if he was  busywriting books!
The book asks, "What do daddies do all day? Daddies work while children play." It shows Daddies working in all dinds of careers from farming to teaching to even singing in the opera! And it assures children that at the end of the workday, "by taxi, train, by car and bus, Daddy rushes home-to us!"
  Hmm, what else have I been busy making?



6 comments:

  1. well Nick, Woody was born in 1935 so maybe it is him. LOL. I just showed it to Vic and he thinks it looks like Woody too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been flat out Nick...see what you can get done when you keep your hands off the keyboard! Yep, it's a life-sucker that's for sure...I can feel it's slippery tentacles wrapping themselves around me even as I type this....h-e-l-p!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the bunting!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so sweet :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well he is Woody to us lol.Love all your buntings you do a wonderful job.I still havnt done any using my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet work! Love the daddies book, I am pretty sure I actually read it when I was a kiddo...cute to think they included the 'oh so common' career of opera singer ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails